Monday, December 03, 2012

Reclaiming the title






This cake ended up causing quite a stir this afternoon.  JP's birthday was today and I offered to make a cake to celebrate in the office.  It was a simple funfetti cake with funfetti icing, JP's favorite.  I figured he'd enjoy it but I had no idea that my group would be obsessed with it.
It ended up being an extremely ling, crazy busy day for all of us with it being month-end close and the cake sat mostly untouched until after lunch.  Since then, it's been raved about and now most of the group is calling dibs on having me make their birthday cake.  I guess the funniest part of this is that I had no idea it was so well liked until the email chain started.  Everyone told me it was delicious but I thought they were just being nice.  I ended up getting home a bit earlier than expected from month-end but wanted to check my email through the web access link to make sure it worked before the work field trip tomorrow.  I was shocked to find my inbox filled with so many messages after only being gone 1 hour.
I had to giggle when I saw emails flying back and forth with the subject, "I love you and your cake."
I've already got cake dates of December 11th, January 19th, August 13th, August 25th and again next December 3rd.

I was the cake queen when I worked in trucking and I guess I'm reclaiming that title in my new position....just call me Sales Accountant and Cake Baker Extraordinaire.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmm...cake.

Lindsay said...

If we only lived closer, I'd be sure to make your birthday cake too Joel. :)

Mr. Mcgranor said...

Life can really be a cake-walk.