Saturday, July 30, 2011

Chasing a Dream


With the two most important guys in my life by my side, I took a leap of faith this morning and went to the Food Network Star casting call in downtown St. Louis.  I wasn't sure what to expect especially since it is the first time I have ever done any sort of thing like this, but I figured this was the perfect platform for me to represent my cooking skills and my ideas regarding healthy living and eating.  After my short interview with the casting rep, I walked out of there confident that I presented myself to the best of my abilities.

Perhaps the funniest part of the morning came from the fact that while I was waiting for my turn in my group, my Bro was in the holding area making friends.  When I got back from my interview, I find him talking to another applicant.  Broccoli's response, "You can tell you two are related.  You will make friends wherever you go." (Of course, this is also after the fact that when he stopped by, I was in line talking to other women in my interview group.)

Overall, it was a memorable morning and I'm so glad I gave it a shot!!  *Fingers crossed for what's next!*

And Bro and Broccoli -- you two definitely inspire me.  From taste-testing all of my dishes over the years, to listening to my tips and tricks about healthy eating & fitness and even proof-reading my application, I'm grateful for all of your support and I thank you for being there today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am pretty inspirational lol.

-Bro